Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Emilio Gutierrez overcomes older brothers' lousy example !!

Adapted from John Tedesco, staff writer, San Antonio EXPRESS - NEWS, Monday, June 4, 2007.

"One of his big brothers was executed in Huntsville for killing an Air Force captain during a carjacking.

"Two other big brothers are in prison.

"Yet on a suny Sunday afternoon, clean - cut Emilio Gutierrez, 18, smiled bashfully before the television cameras and accepted a plaque at City Hall for feeding the homeless and volunteering to help AIDS patients.

"How Gutierrez turned out so different from his older brothers is an age old mystery:

"Why do some siblings turn out like Cain, and others like Abel?

"In Gutierrez's case, the idea of following his big brothers' footsteps seemed to horrify him, not tempt him.

He used to cry when he was little, 'I don't want to be like my brothers, I don't want to be like my brothers,' recalled his older sister, Margarita Greening."

And as for a future career, well, here's what we're told:

"Gutierrez has always wanted to go into law enforcement.

I got that from my brothers, he said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home