Friday, July 13, 2007

UT Pan Am Prez cleared of do'n it with state funds !

"She has reimbursed $7,069 for using university staff"

Adapted from: MELISSA LUDWIG, San Antonio Express - News Staff Writer, Thursday, July 12, 2007.

"University of Texas Pan American president Blandina Bambi Cárdenas has reimbursed the university $7,069 after an audit by the University of Texas System found maintenance work and lawn care done by university staff at her Edinburg home was personal, not business related.

"Spurred by an anonymous tip, the audit blamed sloppy accounting rather than ill intent on Cárdenas behalf."

Oh, my, let me see:

"I'm female, I'm Hispanic, I'm a victim of bad, wicked (thus hopefully male) enemies!"

In any case, Bambi seems to have had enough sense to pony up and otherwise keep her mouth shut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home