Friday, November 21, 2008

"It Couldn't Happen Here?"



Priest: "[W]e should be prepared for wholesale persecution of Christians in this country..."




A free - wheeling adaptation from this source: Editor Ms. Cherie Peacock of "This Rock" Catholic magazine, December 2008.

"Now, in addition to hate crimes, we have hate speech.

"Because you and I are guilty.

"At least I am, and I hope you are.

"My most recent offense was putting a sign in my window supporting Proposition 8, an amendment to the California constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman.

""Now, a sign supporting traditional marriage makes me a hater -- at least according to the shouts of passersby.

"When did we become the enemy?

"Back in 2001, I was having a conversation with a priest friend about the troubling direction our country was taking.

"He told me that we should be prepared for wholesale persecution of Christians in this country during our lifetimes.

"He fully expected to go to jail for upholding the Church's teaching on homosexuality.

No, I argued. This is America...


"No, I argued.

"This is America.

"We have freedoms, protections.

"It couldn't go wrong that quickly.

"A mere seven years later, I now believe that Father was right.

"He usually is ..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home