Thursday, March 26, 2009

"I'm a priest, and I have shown you how to bend water!"

Ladies and Gentlemen, Girls and Boys:

Fr. Vincent Serpa!



Adapted from This Rock magazine, April 2009.



Question:


"I attempted to bend water by turning on the sink faucet and moving my hands around the water to try and make it move.

"I realize the seriousness of trying to do magic and am sorry.

"But I fear to confess it because I am afraid that the priest will ask questions or come down on me."


Fr. Serpa's response:


"If you turn the water on in a thin stream and then put a comb or brush next to it that you've just run through your hair, the water will bend.

"It's not magic -- just physics.

"If you really were trying to compete with God in trying to bend water, then you need to confess it.

"The priest isn't going to come down on you.

"I'm a priest, and I have shown you how to bend water."

-- Fr. Vincent Serpa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home