Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"I'll be remembered as the priest with a daughter, yet even this is a great blessing..."

Tribute to Father Samuel Heitkamp, "a retired priest of the archdiocese."


In Today's Catholic -- issue of Friday, June 4, 2010.


"My special joy is the inheritance of my daughter / ward as I assisted her adoptive mother in her final days as God called her from this life.

"This allowed my priesthood to experience the parenting side of life as well.

"Nicole called me Father Sam as her pastor but now she calls me her dad.

"I have have had the happiness and joy of having baptized and married hundreds over these years.

"There was the joy of bringing relief to families in the anointing of their sick.

"With this goes the miracle cures this sacrament has generated from time to time.

"Along with these times goes the opportunity to assist family members in their time of grief as I conducted the funerals of their loved ones.

"Yes, my 43 years as a priest have had many wonderful blessings and memories."


Again, the blessing of his daughter!


"It is the last blessing that I will that I will be remembered for over and over my other many blessings.

"I will be remembered as the priest with a daughter, yet even this is a great blessing..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home