Friday, October 22, 2010

¡Malta Católica!

"The last Catholic country in Europe...!"

Malta!

Yes!

It was indeed...

Sister Helen phoning Janice from Malta...

Meanwhile ... as the desperately ill Janice continues:

"[M]y husband, who had been diagnosed with prostrate cancer...


"When they told him that he did not have a good enough faith,

"he replied with a quote from St. Paul.

The Quote!

"Trophimus I left ill at Miletus (2 Timothy 4:20)."


From the Janice S. Lockwood, Ph. D. memoir I Have Come Home, in the October 2010 Newsletter of "The Coming Home Network International."

"I think it was the next morning when my telephone rang.

"It was Sr. Helen from Malta.

"[S]he began, Hello, darling. I've just had a thought. Why don't you contact a local priest and ask him to pray about your illness -- ask him to anoint you?

"Protestant friends had already surrounded me.

"They strongly believed that our great and wonderful God, who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think (Ephesians 3:20), could heal me.

"Quoting Isaiah 53:5, With His stripes we healed, they believed these words to be an unconditional promise to all those who believe.

"Nevertheless, it appeared that the Lord wasn't intervening in the way they would have liked.

"They blamed me for not having enough faith after they'd anointed with some cooking oil.

"They also had the same attitude toward my husband, who had been diagnosed with prostate cancer and was growing worse.

"When they told him that he did not have a good enough faith, he replied with a quote from St. Paul: Trophimus I left ill at Miletus.

"Sr. Helen told me not to allow myself to be judged in such a way.

"[S]he told me. Let God be God. Anyway it can't do any harm to contact a Catholic priest..."

And this story gets better and better.... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home