Saturday, November 20, 2010

Father Francis Theodore Pfeifer, O.M.I.

"These Are My Thoughts"



A snippet from the end of his personal memoir, When The Wolves Came: The Missionary Life of an Oblate Priest in Mexico, 1963 - 2007.


"Dear Lord,

"Who am I?

"My dear God, what am I?

"I am created your servant.

"My God , I am only doing what you have already given me.

"In your glory and kindness, you have granted this servant your magnificent goodness to serve and to love you....

"The greatest love ever shown to me was by a poor Indian lady advanced in years.

"She was close to eighty years of age.

"One night about 10 p.m., some men went to her shack intending to shoot and kill two men they thought were hiding in her shack.

"The woman opened her door in response to their pounding.

"They shot her several times and left her to die.

"I heard the shots.

"About twenty minutes later, two ladies came to call me.

"SeƱora Gloria had been shot and was bleeding all over.

"Could I please come?

"I went with them and a good man, Rafael.

"Her body was full of blood, but she was still alive.

"We carried her down to the little clinic.

"She was moaning and crying in pain.

"We tried to help her at the clinic with great effort as she kept calling, Padre, Padre, Padre..

"I said, I am here as I continued [to] administer the holy oil.

"
She said, Padre, Padre, I forgive them.

"A few minutes later, God called her to heaven.

"That was Jesus Christ calling out to God:

"Father, forgive them for they know not what they are doing
..."


A great little book! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home