Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Yet my mother would remind me continually that Jesus was a Jew..."

A fascinating testimony, titled:

"Messianic and Catholic"



By Mark Neugebauer.


Here's a snippet from the February 2011 Newsletter of The Coming Home Network International.


"Growing up in a conservative Jewish home in suburban Toronto, I was a regular attendee at synagogue on Sabbaths and High Holy Days, and I lived a committed Jewish life.

"My father was a Polish Holocaust survivor from Auschwitz, and my mother's family escaped the organized massacres of Jews in Russia.

"Christianity was the religion of the outsiders, the faith of the anti - Semites and Jew - haters, the creed of the Crusaders, Inquisitors, persecutors, and Nazis.

"Yet my mother would remind me continually that Jesus was a Jew.

"One day I picked up a volume by the Yiddish writer Sholem Asche called The Nazarene.

"I was awestruck by the Jewish Yeshua -- that is His Hebrew name -- who in no way resembled those who apparently hated us for two thousand years.

"Watching the film Jesus of Nazareth confirmed this discovery, and listening yearly to Handel's Messiah began to deepen my awareness of who He was.

"[T]hese words caused me to ponder: He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement for our peace was on him, and by his stripes we are healed.

"To my surprise, I discovered that they were not from the New Testament at all, but from Isaiah 53:5 in the Tanakh -- the Hebrew Bible -- and were originally written in Hebrew..."

Folks, this story just keeps getting better and better...:)


For more info:

www.chresources.com

or:

www.chnetwork.org / deepinscripture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home