Thursday, July 14, 2011

Snippet from the July 2011 Newsletter of The Coming Home Network International, with Mr. Derek Caudill:

"All Roads Lead to Rome"


"My conversion to the Catholic faith came a little earlier n life than it comes for most converts.

"I was received into the Church as a high school senior at the Easter vigil, 2009, after serving as an evangelist for a nondenominational congregation for a short time.

"I grew up in Cleveland, Georgia, a small town in the mountainous northern part of the state where Catholics tend to be few and far between.

"I attended the public schools there.

"My family was not churchgoing throughout most of my early years.

"My father was raised Methodist and my mother nondenominational, but their religion didn't play much of a role in our family life after my younger sister and I were born.

"As a result, I grew up knowing only a skeleton of Christian faith and practice: that I should acknowledge the existence of heaven and hell, say my nightly prayers, and intellectually believe in Jesus of Nazareth.

"That was about it.

"I was not baptized as a child..."

Way to go, amigo Derek! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home