Friday, July 29, 2011

"Theology on Tap" presents:

"Finding Common Ground: Catholicism and Islam"

"More than 130 young adults gathered at the Blue Star Brewery in San Antonio on July 14 ..."

To hear Auxiliary Bishop Oscar Cantú give his presentation!

Snippets from Today's Catholic. Friday, July 29, 2011. Original by Katherine Jass López.

"Bishop Cantú tackled the subject by first educating on what the church teaches about other religions and then how we as Catholics are to respond."

In his excellency's own words:

"We are all one human family: God created humanity not Catholics or Muslims or atheist -- this is important for us to remember.

"The Catholic Church rejects nothing of what is holy and true in these religions.

"Although we respect these religions and these people who practice them, we none the less hold true to what we believe, that the fullness of the truth ... is revealed through Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth and the light."

Ms. Jennifer Bela from St. Pius X Church tells us:

"I wasn't really sure what to expect when I saw the topic but Bishop Cantú really gave me answers to questions I had and it was a good reminder that I need to be more accepting of others; it hit home when he said God created humanity not religions..."

Meanwhile Mr. Hector Montaya from St. Monica Church in Converse comments:

"I always seem to learn something new within the Catholic Church when I come to Theology on Tap.

"I enjoy being around others from around the archdiocese who are eager to learn more about their faith; I truly sense a bond with the others even though I don't know everyone ..."

Way to go great people! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home