Friday, November 04, 2011

Ramón Estevez -- father of Emilio Estevez --

talks to author Matthew A. Rarey

of Catholic World Report about his early Hollywood career and making
The Way.



Snippet from Rarey's article, Following The Way, Actor Martin Sheen discusses faith and film. In the November 2011 edition of the Catholic World Report, November 2011.

Question:

"[I]s it true you asked Archbishop Fulton Sheen permission to take his name for your stage name?""

Answer:

"No, I did it before I met him in '65.

"I had changed my name in '59.

"But I really didn't change it, Matt.

"It's still Ramón Estevez.

"But back in '59 I was having enough trouble getting work as an actor without having to contend with the prejudice against the Hispanic community.

"I took Sheen because I thought of the bishop as an actor, if you will.

"Besides being the first televangelist, he was a magnificent public speaker.

"He had a very dynamic personality, and I was inspired by him..."

'Way to, go Don Ramón! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home