Monday, December 11, 2006

ยกGuau! "The Official Men's (and Women's and Teen's) ACTS Spin!"

http://www.actsmissions.org/history/

Problems?

You bet!

Problem Number One: "The ACTS Retreat represents the wishes of the Director and team in selction of presentations."

Problem Number Two: "No two ACTS retreats are exactly alike. There are certain events that are required but each retreat is unique because of the individuality of each team."

Problem Number Three: "The ACTS and the Cursillo Retreats do the work of the Holy Spirit and both are needed. The ACTS Movement shall always be grateful to the Cursillo Movement for its beginnings and its foundation."

Personal note:

I'm pretty I've more or less met Father Patrick Cronin -- 'way back -- and he's a pretty solid citizen.

On the other hand, I could be wrong, as one priest -- I think his name was something like "Don" and not "Pat" -- was telling us one Sunday how he'd just come back from Ireland and what a let down the old country seemed. So, maybe there were two(2) priests there.

Anyway, around 1990 to 1992, whenever I wasn't in Mexico, I sometimes went to Mass at the church in Selma, as did the daughter and her family of one of my own mom's long-time comadres from the Lower Rio Grande Valley of Texas.

Selma is just a mile or two -- so to speak -- up IH 35 from San Antonio. A swell bunch of people!

I still cherish a lot of good memories of that place, Our Lady of Perpetual Help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home