Thursday, August 23, 2007

Surprised by Truth 3, rocks !!

Source:

Madrid, Patrick. Editor. Surprised by Truth 3: Eleven converts give the biblical and historical reasons for beocming Catholic. Manchester, New Hampshire: Sophia Institute Press, 2002.

GREG and JULIE ALEXANDER'S story is called: "Sex, Lies, and the Catholic Church"

This tells Greg and Julie's true story of being entrapped by the 1980's era of the so - called American Catholic Church while attending St. Edward's University together in Austin, Texas, starting in 1984.

Page 41:

"GREG: We met in college in 1984, at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas.

"St. Edward's was a Catholic University, but that had nothing to do with our choosing to go there.

"I was there only because I had a basket ball scholarship."

"JULIE: My parents were excited about St. Edward's because it was a Catholic school, but I chose it because I liked Austin.

"There was a church on campus, but our Faith was not a part of who we were.

"I went to Mass because I was afraid that my dad would find out that I was not going."

"GREG: I felt obligated to go to Mass because I was dating Julie.

"But from the beginning, almost everything that we did was incompatible with the Faith.

"Premarital sex, living together, chasing after money and material things."

"JULIE: I was doing what everyone else was doing, so I did not think I was doing anything wrong.

"I certainly didn't know I had to confess premarital sex or living together.

"I didn't think about the way we were living..."

Then, one fine day came and it was like this:

"WE NEED TO GET A DIVORCE !!"

"JULIE: We even called the kids into the room and told them.

"They were seven and nine.

"The news devastated them.

"I remember them both balled up in a corner, crying...."

Hey Familia!

Hey, UTEP!!

Hey, DESTINO !!!

KNOW ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT NEEDS HELP IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP, LIKE GREG AND JULIE DID ??

Check it out:

(512) 996 - 9098 or email: beige@earthlink.net

THE ALEXANDER HOUSE OF AUSTIN
3610 Shell Road
Georgetown, Texas 78628

(512) 996 - 9098 .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home