Friday, September 11, 2009

"FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2009"

"[Second warning sign:
we've just learned that Mary Meek's been out of town all week long!] "

"1915/7:15 [p.m.] Called Meeks & Cantus w/message."

"[Message was Janie's having $100.00 for the Liturgical Committee. I'd mistakenly thought Rosa Cantu was on that one, too!]"

"SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2009."

"1710/5:10 pm. Oops! Rosa Cantu called as I was leaving [for Mass].

"Called her back, then left."

"NOTE [Added Monday, May 18, 2009]: Rosa evidently found a phone message from me that I'd left the night before when her family returned from some trip out of town, or wherever. Emphatically denied being on Liturgical Committee!

"She did mention the $100.00 we'd given her Festival Committee back a couple of months or so, most likely through Lourdes Zamora.

"As my notes say, however, I did indeed, call her back -- to remind Rosa that Janie DeHoyos had an extra $80.00 lump sum cash donation for her and Caesar's Festival Committee.

"1730 - 1900 / 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. ...Had a chance to cover Janie's $100 [donation from for Liturgical Committee] still out there by giving another $100 to Duke Meek and told him to keep both [donations] if [Janie's] ever show[ed up].

"Fr. Pius stopped me at the door going out {after Mass]. And I was able to explain things to him too [about the extra $100 to Duke] and Duke stepped outside [at that same moment] to confirm it.

"Father [likewise] confirmed that Janie had indeed been in contact w/him re the $$$ matter.


"So, what's all that about?"


"NOTE [Added 5/18/ 2009] : OK! What we were more or less saying was that Father Pius stated that Janie had in fact contacted him as to who she should give the first $100.00 Liturgical Committee donation to, (she'd already made it clear she wasn't too crazy about my suggestion to give it to Rosa, but at that time I did not know why that would have been so!)"

TO BE CONTINUED...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home