Thursday, April 29, 2010

Catholic Campus Ministry.

With San Antonio College student Ms. Jennifer Medrano

"Finding The Spice of Life through Catholic Campus Ministry"


From Today's Catholic. Friday, April 23, 2010.


Here are some miscellaneous and random snippets from Ms. Medrano's fine article.



"In my early years of schooling, I had the privilege of attending one of the best parochial schools offered in San Antonio.

"During tougher financial times, I joined the public school system.

"Due to my parents' woes with the public school environment, my transition into a public school was postponed for a year when I was home schooled.


"I now can conclude that this change helped develop the diversified person that I am today.

"With the help of Catholic teachings, I vowed to continue to piece together all perspectives of circumstance and people to help strengthen my opinions and beliefs.


"I have been blessed to have such an array of opportunities available to me here through Catholic Campus Ministry, all of which include personal, spiritual and social growth.

"Not the least to mention are the incredible amount of talents from different people adding just the right amount of spice to Catholic Campus Ministry.

"The Catholic Student Association aids my personal health and well - being on a mental and physical level.

"I personally gravitate toward my teaching qualities.

"However, sometimes even a teacher may seek out guidance.

"In the case of the Catholic Student Association, there are many options available.

"Students are guided by the campus minister, nuns,priests and elders.

"Retreats also offer guidance on specific topics and remind us that [we are ] to follow the ways of our Lord.

"One - on - one counseling is available during the Busy Student Retreat that is loved by so many students who deal with the troubling pressures of work, school and family.

"Another great source would simply be to have each other.

"At the Catholic Student Association we all share the same beliefs making all of our talents and skills merge beautifully in the eyes of God.

"By piecing together and connecting all the people, perspectives, talents, skills and opportunities we bring forth a new generation of well - equipped and well - rounded members of the Catholic Church ready and productive for the generations that will follow..."

Well done, profe -- and already with the master's touch!

"Good luck on your finals, everybody..." :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home