Friday, November 18, 2011

"Man who cut his arm off speaks!"

To Ms. Melissa Ludwig of the San Antonio EXPRESS - NEWS.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011.

A snippet her Aron Ralston interview:

QUESTION:

"Most people think they could never do what you did. Is there something that made you uniquely capable of cutting of your own arm, or do you think anyone, faced with death, would do the same?"

ANSWER:

"We can never know ourselves in someone else's life.

"I was a mechanical engineering major, so I built pulley systems out of my rope and Carabiners to try and lift the boulder.

"If I were an English major; I may have written a beautiful poem and died under the rock.

"If I had taken more biology, maybe it would not have taken me five days to figure out that I needed to amputate my arm.

"There is the analogy of the boulder in anyone's life.

"This is the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

"It showed me what I am capable of, what is extraordinary in me ..."

Good points all, Professor! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home