Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Crickets creep and crawl all over the town"

The Brackett News, Thursday, September 13, 2007.

Submitted by Kinney County, Texas, Cooperative Extension Service.

"Grasshoppers, of course, were a big problem earlier this spring and summer.

"And now, a relative of the grasshopper, crickets, are beginning to become a nuisance.

"Some early flights of crickets have made it to residential areas and crickets are very numerous in area fields.

"Crickets often start moving in greater numbers as temperatures become cooler, and after rainfall events."

www.thebrackettnews.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is sooo true. Everywhere I walked around town, I ended up in a sea of grasshoppers. They jump on and off me :)

At first I thought someone was throwing rocks, but soon found myself ingulfed in a grasshopper party.

It was rather unusual to have so many grasshoppers this past season. :)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home