Monday, October 01, 2007

The Late, Legendary, Godfather of Soul!

Bares his own!

Adapted from Jet Magazine, May 8, 2006.

And so, Mr. James Brown, who came to see us all in I Corps, Vietnam, back in the Spring of 1968 lets fly:

"Some Jewish cat told me I wasn't Black enough."

"Some Jewish cat told me I wasn't Black enough.

"I can't tell him he's not Jewish enough.

"I can't tell a Latino that he's not Latino enough.

"I wrote that song [Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud] because I saw Black people running away from everything.

"They wanted to be Negro, they wanted to be light-skinned, high yellow.

"God made people in all colors."

Basically, I remember his radio message to us all, broadcast out of Da Nang AFRTS (or whatever) as a simple straight - forward one, much like the one we've quoted above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home