Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dr. Jay Boyd, PhD. Psy. U.C. Santa Barbara, 1989, tells us:

"We've been robbed!"

Adapted from Homiletic & Pastoral Review, May 2008. Pages 60 - 66.

"We've been robbed.

"But, thanks be to God, we have a pope who apparently plans to restore those treasures to the whole Church.

"It was Easter Vigil, 2002.

"I was being received into the Catholic Church.

"I had been robbed, and I didn't even know it.

"Having not been Catholic prior to Vatican II, nor even for much of th epost - Vatican II era, I had no knowledge of the traditional Latin Mass, the forma extraordinaria.

"I'd had no exposure to Latin until a year or so after I'd been received into the Church, but when I had received that exposure to the official language of the Church, I was sold -- another treasure had been discovered!

"I started teaching myself Latin, and began memorizing some of the tradional prayers in Latin.

"When the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church was published, I was delighted to discover a whole section of prayers in English and Latin...."

A good read!

The Homiletic & Pastoral Review.

Subscriptions from $9.90 to $26.00 a year, depending how good you are with your computer keyboard!

"New Orders and Renewals:

1 - 800 - 651 - 1531

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home