Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I Won't Become My Parents!"


Adapted from: Mary E. DeMuth's Building the Christian Family You Never Had.


Pages 45 - 46.


Everything Should Be Fine -- Now That I've Paid My Dues
...


"I remember making a vow to God during college.

"I didn't bother to ask whether he agreed with my pact, but I made it nevertheless.


"My pact was this: I've had enough pain in my life from growing up.

"I don't need any more.

"Therefore, from this point henceforth, life should be easy.

"No pain.

"No trials.

"No problems with parenting.

"Nothing.

"Didn't he know that in order for me to fulfill that first vow -- the one in which I swore I'd never become my mother -- I needed to have children?

"Didn't he know I also needed a stress - free, happy life?

"What kind of God would allow my first baby to drop into my body cavity away from the safe comfort of my womb.

"After hours of surgery, I felt just like that sweet baby -- detached from everything life giving ..."


Hey guys! This is one, powerful read!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home