Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Leading up to the 42nd anniversary of the Battle of Binh Son I:

Author Frank Jodaitis' letter to us of 30 September 1992.


"Dear Dennis,

"Thank you for the list of 2/1 Marines.

"I photocopied it and your original is enclosed.

"As you suggested I called Bernie Terhorst last Sunday and we talked again Monday nite [sic].

"He certainly had some interesting things to say, but much of what happened to him 21 - 22 April is blank and that is understandable.

"It's my understanding that the Ist ARVN Ranger Group came into the Binh Son area on 22 April with 3 Bn's.

"What happened to them I haven't found out yet.

"Also, on 21 April there may have been an engagement south of ARVN Hill (Hill 105) involving NVA and U.S. Army.

"Boy Scouts involved at Binh Son are probably of the VC/NVA variety.

"Thanks again for the help.

"I hope to wind this up by Sunday and move on to the 5th Marines.

"That does not mean that I'm done with F 2/1.

"Any new information which will enhance the account will be added.

"I've tried to contact Gen. Deegan again but he's out of town (Parris Island) this week.

"Want to talk with Lieut. Paradies [sic] and Gunnery Sergeant Romero.

"Also, according to the Viet Nam Memorial Directory of names Gsgt Roger Dale Hamilton MIA 21 April 1967 was born on 16 Aug 48.

"Is that right?

"He'd be a nineteen year old Gunnery Sergeant.

"Well thank[sic] again.

"I'll let you know how I'm doing as time goes by.

"Sincerely

"Frank Jodaitis

"P.S. I'm going to call Tony Wagner."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home