Thursday, April 15, 2010

"From Prophetess to Pope"

Like, from Ms. Ellen White -- to His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI?!

Cool!

Way cool! :)

A snippet from the Arthur and Teresa Beem story.


Honey, I don't think I'm an Adventist anymore...


Original source:

The Coming Home Network International / "April 2010 Newsletter.
"


"Arthur.

"Adventism, to me was not only confusingly hypocritical but scary.


"Some Adventist doctrines are based on the visions supposedly given by an angel to a 19th - century prophetess an done of the founders of the Seventh - day Adventist church, Ellen White.

"According to my childhood church, heaven opened up to her a crucial new addition to the Gospel -- called the Everlasting Gospel.

"In fact, White calls it the most important message of all time. .."

Here, Arthur gives us this citation:"Ellen White's Manuscript number 760.29.5 You can find these quotes at www.WhiteEstate.org ."

"Teresa.

"It was as if, until that moment, I had been a merry, floral - crowned damsel tossing rose petals through the air as I skipped through my Pre - Raphaelite, bucolic life when I was hit by a Mack truck.

"In shock, with my emotions plowed into the ground, I pondered how my whole life had been a lie.

"But then the thoughts turned even darker; my parents' lives had also been based in fiction.

"Then the circle grew wider -- my grandparents, my teachers, my pastors.

"Oh, it was just too painful to even think about..

"Arthur and Teresa

"Sitting staring at each other, we were both thinking the same thing, 'How do I say: Honey, I don't think I'm an Adventist anymore."


And then, at long last, the Catholic Church's RCIA program!!


"We had finished the RCIA program and now, after intense study, we were entering the Catholic Church.

"We thank each one of you who faithfully prays for unity and for little straying lambs, like we were, to find our way home into the Roman Catholic Church.."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home