Monday, April 05, 2010

Ms. Christi Derr!

Boulder, Colorado.

"Three earth - shattering events converged in my life recently ...

"I attended a Byzantine Divine liturgy,

"I attended a Latin Mass,

"and I visited my hair stylist."



From her article, The worship of God -- The cure for insanity. In the April 2010 issue of the Homiletic & Pastoral Review.

"To begin with the last ... everyone knows that the most astute social scientists in the world are bartenders, taxi drivers and hair stylists.

"So I recently climbed the mountain, so to speak, to seek some wisdom from my personal stylist.

"In the midst of a cut and style she casually informed me that the most abused drugs are prescription anti - depressants...

"It is impossible to not ask the question, Why?

"We have antibiotics, modern dentistry and indoor plumbing -- why are we all so depressed?"


She speculates that we worship ourselves, not God.


"Pope St. Pius X, prophetically stated that the modern heresy would be man, worshiping himself.

"As if anxious to realize this prophecy, in October 2003, French Cardinal Roger Etchegaray scandalously misinterpreted Pope John Paul II's theology as man finding faith in himself, and reaching the paradoxical conclusion that God and man are one and the same thing."


Wow! So, maybe that's why we're all so down!


"We all are familiar with the pettiness, selfishness, lack of love and sometimes even cruelty we experience in ourselves and others.

"Who wouldn't be depressed if we, with all these evils, are God?"

Way, to go sister! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home