Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fr. Jonathan Toborowsky

The Coming Home Network International.

May 2009 Newsletter.


"A Child of Abraham Becomes a Catholic Priest"



Now, here's a few random snippets:


"My father's side of the family is Jewish.

"My mother's side of the family is Roman Catholic.

"My parents were married in 1965, with the marriage being performed by a Rabbi.

"I was born in 1967 and named Jonathan Samuel Toborowsky.

"Jewish cultural tradition said that you do not name children after living relatives."

He is then circumcised!

"When I was eight days old, a Rabbi brought me into the covenant of Abraham."

A lot of years go by.

He was baptized in September of 1990.

Then:

"I began to think the preposterous question of whether God could be calling me to be a Catholic priest.

"This led to a conversation with the pastor of St. Anthony's, as well as a conversation with the Bishop of my diocese, which led to the diocese's vocations office.

"The rest, shall we say, is history..."

The editors then go on to tell us, among other things:

"Fr. Jonathan -- Jay -- Toborowsky was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Metuchen, New Jersey in 1998. He is co - author of the book John Paul II for Dummies."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home