Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"New organization supports queer students"

By Daniel Collins, The UTEP Prospector, September 4, 2007.

"Jackie Silva was 14 years old when she came out to her mother, identifying herself as bisexual.

"Silva recalls the experience as being one of the most freeing moments of her life.

"Now a UTEP sophomore with short - cut spiked hair and tatoos running down her neck and arms, Silva is a proud lesbian and hopes to encourage other queer students at UTEP to have the same experience coming out of the closet..."

www.utepprospector.com

Wow! Way to go ex - next - door neighbor and still -- for me, at least, a friend -- Jackie Silva !

Seriously, Jackie, I can't be mealey - mouthed about this: I think you're not just wrong, but tragically wrong.

But!

The same Creator made us both, and that means you're still my friend.

You know what?

Even if you -- as well as your own circle -- don't think so, that sure enough won't change, o.k.?

'Cause when your own mama took me aside that day so long ago to talk to me, I wasn't exactly sure why, 'cause we guys are all of us vatos, nomás -- which means we're all kinda slow sometimes.

Remember when your younger sister was so quietly excited about her scholarship to Princeton?

Or was it Yale ??

In any case, you were always friendly and out - going to everyone on our floor: Hamid,Yixin (Chen?), Alfredo, me, Ray, Rene, Gabriela, Omar all of us.

Man, you were always there when I had a silly problem like some piece of furniture or whatever I had to get rid of fast, stuff like that.

Patience, girl, you had it!

O.K., so now we all know.

OK !

See ya ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home